Genetic Diseases Imagine Institute aim is to characterize and treat genetic diseases.
A 1 year engineer position is available from April 2022 in the laboratory of Dr Emmanuelle Six, and Dr Annarita Miccio at the Imagine Institute in the Necker Hospital Campus (Paris, France).
The research teams are interested in characterizing and manipulating hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (HSPC) in the context of gene therapy and on the development of therapeutic approaches for the treatment of sickle cell disease (SCD). The goal of the work, financed by the DIM Thérapie Génique, is to characterize alterations induced by chronic inflammation (including single-cell RNA-seq analysis) and optimize HSPC engineering in the context of pathologies such as Chronic Granulomatous Disease or SCD.
The Imagine institute represents an excellent setting to pursue such studies.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated engineer with an expertise in the biology of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells as well as in molecular and cellular biology.
The applicant should be fluent in English and French.
MISSION ET FONCTIONS
- Implementation of the project in connection with the research lab and other clinical departments
- Implementation, adaptation and coordination of required techniques
- Results analysis and oral and written reporting
- Participation to the laboratory common gestion
- Mastery of flow cytometry
- Mastery of in vitro cell culture techniques in confined spaces (SPF2) especially manipulating human HSPC.
- Molecular biology techniques (DNA, RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR)
- Animal experimentation: injections, sampling
- Skills in use of computer tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, FlowJo or other flow cytometry
- analysis softwares, Prism, statistics tools)
- Communicate, transmit knowledge and present data
- Good level of English (spoken, read)
- Knowledge and interest in hematopoiesis, gene therapy and translational research
- Adaptability to time constraints, good laboratory practice
- Rigor, methodology and organization, dynamism, autonomy and critical sense
- Master in life science, Bac+5
- Animal experimentation diploma would be a plus
- Similar professional experience desired
- Contrat à durée determinée de 16 mois
- Date prévisionnelle de démarrage : Avril 2022
- Salaire en fontion de l’expérience
- Lieu de l’exercie : L’Institut des maladies génétiques Imagine – 24 boulevard du Montparnasse – 75 015 Paris
- Deadline for application: 28th February , 2022
- Applications in English including a cover letter, a detailed CV with publication list and contact information of two references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Selected publications on the subject:
- Magrin E, et al Long-Term Outcomes of Lentiviral Gene Therapy for the β-Hemoglobinopathies: the HGB-205 Trial. Nat Med 2022. Accepted.
- Six E, el al Clonal tracking in gene therapy patients reveals a diversity of human hematopoietic differentiation programs. Blood. 2020;135(15):1219-1231. PMID: 32040546
- Cavazzana M, el al Gene therapy targeting haematopoietic stem cells for inherited diseases: progress and challenges. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2019;18(6):447-462.