Assistant Engineer Position
An assistant engineer (Assistant Ingénieur) position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Annarita Miccio at the Imagine Institute in the Necker Hospital Campus (Paris, France); http://www.institutimagine.org/en/).
Imagine is an internationally recognized institute that ensures high quality research in terms of multidisciplinary training and publication rate. The Institute offers ample opportunity for collaborations with national and international top-level scientists. Current research projects in the laboratories of Dr. Miccio are focused on the development of therapeutic approaches for the treatment of sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia. The candidate will be involved in the molecular, cellular and biochemical analyses of gene-therapy treated samples and in the evaluation of the efficacy of novel therapeutic approaches for beta-hemoglobinopathies in vivo.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated assistant engineer. The applicant should have a solid experience in molecular and cellular biology and mouse handling. A background in hematology and gene therapy is preferred.
The applicant should be fluent in English and French.
- Implementation, adaptation and coordination of cell and molecular biology techniques
- Implementation of in vitro primary hematopoietic cell culture and transduction and in vitro and in vivo hematopoietic differentiation assays
- Flow cytometry analysis of primary hematopoietic cells
- Participation in laboratory management, evolution and maintenance
- Molecular biology techniques (DNA, RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR)
- In vitro primary cell culture techniques (transduction, long-term culture) in confined space (L2)
- Flow cytometry techniques: cell staining and analysis, cell sorting
- Mouse handling techniques: iv and ip transplants, organ harvesting
- Knowledge of health and safety rules related to the handling of toxic products, contaminants and transgenic organisms (GMOs)
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, FlowJo, Prism)
- Communication, transfer of knowledge and presentation of results
- Good level of English (spoken, read)
Type of contract and salary
- One-year contract (CDD)
- Starting Date: September 2019
- Salary according to experience
- Deadline for submission of applications: June 30th 2019
To apply, please send an email to Dr. Annarita Miccio (email@example.com). The application should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of two references.